These steps will only focus on Mac Systems that were preinstalled with Max OS X lion.
- Reboot your Mac
- Hold Command + Option + R – This restarts the PC in Internet Recovery Mode.
- If you flash drive is not formatted in the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format the install will fail.
- To format the flash drive, Select the Disk Utility. On the left panel select the Flash drive you wish to partition (Data is erased).
- Select the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format and in options select the GUID partition table for your flash drive (call the partition Installer or anything relevant)
- Exit the disk Utility and select the Max OS Installer, the formatted disk should now be an option, select it and continue the process.
- The Software will be installed on the drive and your system restarted automatically.